From Daniƫl van Dam <Daniel.van...@ortec-finance.com>
Subject Problems installing Hadoop on Windows 7 enterprise N
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:01:52 GMT
Hi,

Currently I'm trying to install Hadoop 2.6.0 on a Windows 7 enterprise computer.
I used the following guide
http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os

I already fixed some previous problems by installing a correct version of Protocol Buffer.
But now ran into a new problem.
[cid:image001.png@01D05A71.9818C9B0]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (compile-ms-winutils)
on project hadoop-common: Command execution failed. Process exited with an error: 1(Exit value:
1) -> [Help 1]

I searched the internet and found that perhaps my MSBuild was causing the problem, but I check
my PATH and it contained the MSBuild path to the correct location. I'm using  .Net Framework
4.0

I tried running "mvn clean install" and from the tests I got the following errors.
Test set: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator
Tests run: 14, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 33.35 sec <<< FAILURE!
- in org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator
testAuthenticationHttpClientPost[0](org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator)
 Time elapsed: 2.201 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException: null
                at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryExecute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:693)
                at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:520)
                at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
                at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
                at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:784)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticatorTestCase.doHttpClientRequest(AuthenticatorTestCase.java:265)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticatorTestCase._testAuthenticationHttpClient(AuthenticatorTestCase.java:291)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator$4.call(TestKerberosAuthenticator.java:160)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator$4.call(TestKerberosAuthenticator.java:157)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.KerberosTestUtils$1.run(KerberosTestUtils.java:102)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.KerberosTestUtils.doAs(KerberosTestUtils.java:99)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.KerberosTestUtils.doAsClient(KerberosTestUtils.java:115)
                at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator.testAuthenticationHttpClientPost(TestKerberosAuthenticator.java:157)

testAuthenticationHttpClientPost[1](org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.TestKerberosAuthenticator)
 Time elapsed: 1.914 sec  <<< ERROR!
[...]

I again try to find information about this error on the internet but I could find a solution.

Do you have any idea what I might be missing or how I could solve this error?

Many thanks.

Daniel

Please consider the environment before printing this document

________________________________
Ortec Finance B.V. is a private company registered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands under company
number 24421148 with registered office at Boompjes 40, 3011 XB Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. This communication is intended solely for the use of the individual recipient.
If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy
the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing,
disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery
by return e-mail.
Views expressed by an individual in this email do not necessarily reflect the views of Ortec
Finance.
Ortec Finance is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. The information in this
communication is not intended as a recommendation or as an offer unless it is explicitly mentioned
as such. No rights can be derived from this message.
All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail.
We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or
attachments and we therefore recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures
prior to use.
All our services and activities are governed by our general terms and conditions which may
be consulted on www.ortec-finance.com and shall be forwarded free of charge upon request.