From Kai Voigt...@123.org>
Subject Re: which file map and reduce in reading or writing?
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:44:34 GMT
Hi,

the context object (passed to map(), reduce() and setup()) contains information about the
input split, such as the file name.

From the top of my head: String fileName = ((FileSplit) context.getInputSplit()).getPath().getName();

Kai

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to YARN MapReduce internals, and I would like know if it possible to know
which file a map/reduce function is reading or writing  from inside a map or reduce function
defined by the user, or simply by the client?

> Thanks,
>
> --
> --

Kai Voigt			Am Germaniahafen 1			k@123.org