From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@icloud.com>
Subject HBase security issue
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:04:16 GMT
Hi, I am new to Hadoop Hbase. I have a Hbase cluster in one datacenter, and I need to  create
a backup in the second one. Currently the second HBase cluster is ready, and I would like
to import data from first cluster.
I would like to use exportSnapshot tool for this, I’ve tried it one my test environment,
and it worked well.
But, since know I am going to export to a different cluster in different datacenter, I would
like to be sure that my data is secure. So how I can make exportSnapshot secure?
As far as I understood exportSnapshot uses distcp tool to copy snapshot to destination cluster,
so in this case is it enough to configure distcp?
Thank you!