From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject namenode recovery
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:10:43 GMT
I have a question about a recovery scenario for Hadoop 2.4.

I have a small development cluster, no HA configured, that was taken down cleanly,
that is, all services were stopped (via Ambari) and all the nodes were then rebooted.
However, the reboot of the namenode system failed; that system is completely dead.
The only HDFS service running on the system was the namenode; the secondary namenode
was running elsewhere and came back, as well as all of the datanodes.

In this scenario, can I just start a namenode on one of the other nodes? Will it recover
the fsimage that was checkpointed by the secondary namenode?

Thanks
Brian