From "Fabio C." <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Can RM ignore heartbeats?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:41:23 GMT
Hi everyone,
I have a question about the ResourceManager behavior:
when the ResourceManager allocates a container, it takes some time before
the NMToken is sent and then received by the ApplicationMaster.
During this time, it is possible to receive another heartbeat from the AM,
equal to the last one (since the AM is not aware of the allocated
resources).
Is there any policy in YARN that makes the RM aware of this and ignore this
last heartbeat?
I ask this because I would expect way more superfluous containers
allocated, in comparison to the ones I can see from the logs.

Thanks in advance

Fabio