From Drake민영근 <drake....@nexr.com>
Subject Re: tracking remote reads in datanode logs
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:51:20 GMT
I found this in the mapreduce am log.

2015-02-23 11:22:45,576 INFO [RMCommunicator Allocator]
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.rm.RMContainerAllocator: Before
Scheduling: PendingReds:1 ScheduledMaps:5 ScheduledReds:0 AssignedMaps:0
AssignedReds:0 CompletedMaps:0 CompletedReds:0 ContAlloc:0 ContRel:0
HostLocal:0 RackLocal:0
..
2015-02-23 11:22:46,641 INFO [RMCommunicator Allocator]
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.rm.RMContainerAllocator: After
Scheduling: PendingReds:1 ScheduledMaps:0 ScheduledReds:0 AssignedMaps:5
AssignedReds:0 CompletedMaps:0 CompletedReds:0 ContAlloc:5 ContRel:0
HostLocal:3 RackLocal:2
..

The first line says Map tasks are 5 and second says HostLocal 3 and Rack
Local 2. I think the Rack Local 2 are the remote map tasks as you mentioned
before.

Drake 민영근 Ph.D
kt NexR