From Alexandru Pacurar <Alexandru.Pacu...@PropertyShark.com>
Subject RE: Time out after 600 for YARN mapreduce application
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:35:13 GMT
Thank you for the quick reply.

I will modify the value to check if this is the threshold I'm hitting, but I was thinking
of decreasing it because my jobs take to long If they get this time out. I would rather fail
fast, than keep the cluster busy with jobs stuck in timeouts. Ideally I would like to troubleshoot
the issue and not fail at all :) .

My MR job is not a custom one it is a job from Nutch 1.8 . Actually there are several jobs
from Nutch that fail (ex: Generator, Indexer ).

Also because this is related to Nutch 1.8 also should I move the question to the Nutch mailing
list?

Thanks,
Alex

From: Rohith Sharma K S [mailto:rohithsharmaks@huawei.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:32 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Time out after 600 for YARN mapreduce application

Looking into attemptID, this is mapper task getting timed out in MapReduce job.  The configuration
that can be used to increase the value is 'mapreduce.task.timeout'.

The task timed out is because if there is no heartbeat from MapperTask(YarnChild) to MRAppMaster
for 10 mins.  Does MR job is custom job?  If so any operation are you doing in cleanup() of
Mapper ? Sometimes there would be possible that if cleanup() of Mapper is taking more time
greater than timedout configured that result in task to timeout.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S