From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stopping ntpd signals SIGTERM, then causes namenode exit
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:34:36 GMT
The sigterm should be noted in the NN logs, whats happen around 14:00?

BR,
 Alexander

> On 10 Feb 2015, at 02:39, David chen <c77_cn@163.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I ever indeed misunderstand how ntpd works, so deployed the shell script on every node
to synchronize time. The reason why the script contains stopping ntpd command is that the
following command 'ntpdate 192.168.0.1' will fail if miss it.
> Now i have understood the difference between ntp and ntpdate, so i discarded the script,
then configured the ntp.conf to synchronize time.
> The reason to post the thread is that i wonder why NameNode receive the SIGTERM signal
sent by stopping ntpd command? and why three times all happened at 14:00:00?