From Ulul <had...@ulul.org>
Subject Re: Missing FSImage file
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 22:36:41 GMT
Hi
You should have an fsimage in the secondary namenode directory (defined
bydfs.namenode.checkpoint.dir) and ideally your fs.namenode.name.dir
should point to more than one place).

Start by copying somewhere everything you find in directories pointed by
fs.namenode.name.dir, dfs.namenode.edits.dir and dfs.namenode.checkpoint.dir

You can activate safemode and do a saveNamespace to create at least an
fsimage

Then try to see if you can find an fsimage with the following edits. If
ever you can find a complete set you can try copying them to
fs.namenode.name.dir and start with that

If you don't have a coherent set of files, namenode recover is your
friend (never had to use that though, can just wish you luck...)

Ulul