From "Daniel Klinger" ...@web-computing.de>
Subject Hadoop 2.6.0 - No DataNode to stop
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:37:10 GMT
Hello,

I used a lot of Hadoop-Distributions. Now I'm trying to install a pure
Hadoop on a little "cluster" for testing (2 CentOS-VMs: 1 Name+DataNode 1
DataNode). I followed the instructions on the Documentation site:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Clus
terSetup.html.

I'm starting the Cluster like it is described in the Chapter "Operating the
Hadoop Cluster"(with different users). The starting process works great. The
PID-Files are created in /var/run and u can see that Folders and Files are
created in the Data- and NameNode folders. I'm getting no errors in the
log-files.

When I try to stop the cluster all Services are stopped (NameNode,
ResourceManager etc.). But when I stop the DataNodes I'm getting the
message: "No DataNode to stop". The PID-File and the in_use.lock-File are
still there and if I try to start the DataNode again I'm getting the error
that the Process is already running. When I stop the DataNode as hdfs
instead of root the PID and in_use-File are removed but I'm still getting
the message: "No DataNode to stop"

What I'm doing wrong?

Greets

dk