From "Daniel Klinger" ...@web-computing.de>
Subject RE: Hadoop 2.6.0 - No DataNode to stop
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 21:05:38 GMT
Thanks but i know how to kill a process in Linux. But this didn’t answer the question why
the command say no Datanode to stop instead of stopping the Datanode:

$HADOOP_PREFIX/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config $HADOOP_CONF_DIR --script hdfs stop datanode

Von: Surbhi Gupta [mailto:surbhi.gupta01@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Februar 2015 20:16
An: user@hadoop.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Hadoop 2.6.0 - No DataNode to stop

Issue jps and get the process id or
Try to get the process id of datanode.

Issue ps-fu userid of the user through which datanode is running.

Then kill the process using kill -9

On 28 Feb 2015 09:38, "Daniel Klinger" <dk@web-computing.de <mailto:dk@web-computing.de>
> wrote:

Hello,

I used a lot of Hadoop-Distributions. Now I’m trying to install a pure Hadoop on a little
„cluster“ for testing (2 CentOS-VMs: 1 Name+DataNode 1 DataNode). I followed the instructions
on the Documentation site: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html.

I’m starting the Cluster like it is described in the Chapter „Operating the Hadoop Cluster“(with
different users). The starting process works great. The PID-Files are created in /var/run
and u can see that Folders and Files are created in the Data- and NameNode folders. I’m
getting no errors in the log-files.

When I try to stop the cluster all Services are stopped (NameNode, ResourceManager etc.).
But when I stop the DataNodes I’m getting the message: „No DataNode to stop“. The PID-File
and the in_use.lock-File are still there and if I try to start the DataNode again I’m getting
the error that the Process is already running. When I stop the DataNode as hdfs instead of
root the PID and in_use-File are removed but I’m still getting the message: „No DataNode
to stop“

What I’m doing wrong?

Greets

dk