From Anil Jagtap <anil.jag...@gmail.com>
Subject Multinode setup..
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 06:32:16 GMT
Dear All,

Im trying to setup a multi node cluster and I found millions of articles on
how to configure multi node. I tried couple of them and i really don't
understand why Am i not able to configure it.. I have a feeling that these
experts in their blogs omit out something thinking that its not necessary
to publish since its a small thing and the person who is configuring is
good enough to understand but the fact is there are people like me who are
completely new to Hadoop, Linux & Java as well.

So does any one has some kind of material who literally tells me each and
every step on how to configure single node, then add another node and
finally link it..

Sorry to ask this granular detail but trust me i had wasted good amount of
time in searching and trying it out.. Attached one i found and this helped
me in setting up single node successfully.

I can use Cloudra but it consumes lot of memory and hence i want to
configure my own so i can fit 2 nodes in the same memory what Cloudier
uses. Any VM changes to Cloudera stops working.

Finally, for now do I really need all of the components or just Sqoop, PIG,
HBASE & Hive should be sufficient to practise..

If anyone can share their multi node VM's would be really great.

Thanks to all in advance and expecting good feedback at the possible
earliest.

Kind Regards,

Anil