From Shashidhar Rao <raoshashidhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML files in Hadoop
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:29:27 GMT
Hi,

Exact number of files is not known but it will run into millions of files
depending on client's request who collects terabytes of xml data every day.
Basically, storing is just one part but the main part will be how to query
these data like  aggregation, count and do some analytics over these data.
Fast retrieval is required , say for e.g for a particular year what are the
top 10 products, top ten manufacturers and top ten stores etc.

Will Hive be a better choice ? And will converting these Hive files to some
format work out.

Thanks
Shashi