From johny casanova <pcgamer2...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Able to access namenode UI through ip address but not using hostname
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:27:57 GMT
Did you made sure iptables is turned off and selinux ?

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:25:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Able to access namenode UI through ip address but not using hostname
From: gotomypc27@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org; ahmed@aossama.com

I get below error:

The server at mynamenode can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network
service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often
caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be
caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chromefrom accessing
the network.