From "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Question about YARN Memory allocation
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:10:15 GMT
Hi
When you click on active nodes in the Web UI you will be able to see all the nodes and the
reserved resources status also.
Can you check and tell whether any node is actually under utilized (like resources are there
but still no containers are assigned) . If its the case then the solution is there in YARN-1769
 (assuming u have configured capacity scheduler)

Refer "http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html"
for more information on capacity schedulers...

Regards,
Naga
________________________________
From: 임정택 [kabhwan@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 14:19
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about YARN Memory allocation

Hi!

At first, it was my mistake. :( All memory is "in use".
Also I found each Container's information says that "TotalMemoryNeeded 2048 / TotalVCoreNeeded
1".
I don't understand why container needs 2048m (2G) of memory to run.

Maybe I have to learn YARN schedulers and relevant configurations.
I'm newbie of YARN, and learning it by reading some docs. :)

Btw, what's LCE and DRC?

Thanks again for helping.

Regards.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Hi Jungtaek Lim,
Earlier we faced similar problem of reservation with Capacity scheduler and its actually solved
with YARN-1769 (part of 2.6 hadoop)
So hope it might help you if you have configured Capacity scheduler. also check whether "yarn.scheduler.capacity.node-locality-delay"
is configured (might not be direct help but might reduce probability of reservation ).
I have one doubt with info : In the image it seems to be 20GB and 10 vcores reserved but you
seem to say all are reserved ?
Is LCE & DRC also configured ? if so what are the vcores configured for NM and the app's
containers?

Regards,
Naga