From Ahmed Ossama <ah...@aossama.com>
Subject Re: How to run a mapreduce program not on the node of hadoop cluster?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:05:28 GMT
The node that the project will be deployed on should have the same
configuration as the cluster, and hadoop executables as well. It doesn't
have to be one of the cluster nodes.

This node is typically called a gateway or edge node, where it have all
the client programs (hadoop execs, pig, etc...) and you use this node to
submit jobs to the cluster.

The executable use the configuration to know where to submit jobs and
where is your hdfs nn located and so on.

--
Regards,
Ahmed Ossama