From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: node manager ports during mapreduce job
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 04:27:57 GMT
Hi

Could you give more information regarding problem?

I did not get what do you mean by this statement
>> Upon submitting the mapreduce job to the resource manager, it is getting stuck while
at getResources() for 10 min, timing out and then it is trying other node manager.
If MRAppMaster does not communicate to RM for 10 mins, RM will expire that applicationattempt
and try to re launch it.  But you  have mentioned that it is trying to other node manager,
which daemon is trying to other node manager?

I suggest  you that whenever there is problem like getting stuck, take a thread dump using
jstack <pid>, this would help analyzing issue faster.

Any free ports i.e  1024<=x<=65365 should work fine.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S