From <hadoop.supp...@visolve.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop testing with 72GB HDD?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 07:32:55 GMT
Yes Amjad,

Virtualization is nothing but a layer where you can different instances of Operating systems
running on same machine. I don’t see any difference in using real Hardware with Virtualization.
One advantage with Virtualization is you can have multiple instances of  OS on Same machine
and also you can use for various purposes. Where as in dedicated hardware we have this limited
to 2 nodes (in case of 2 machines used).

Thanks and Regards,
S.RagavendraGanesh

Hadoop Support Team

ViSolve Inc.| <http://www.visolve.com> www.visolve.com

From: Amjad Syed [mailto:amjadcsu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 11:30 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hadoop testing with 72GB HDD?

Thanks jeffrey, But if i want to do it using Centos 7.0 without virtualization on my machines,
is it possible?

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Jeffrey Rodriguez <jeffreyr97@gmail.com <mailto:jeffreyr97@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Yes it can be done through virtualization providing you can setup VMWare in your hardware
for example ( you may find other options for virtualizing). If you needed to do a proof of
concept though I would advice to go with a cloud vendor like IBM Bluemix or Amazon EC.  You
may have a better performance experience using cloud instances thaat you can provision, use
and discard.

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Amjad Syed <amjadcsu@gmail.com <mailto:amjadcsu@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Hello,

My manager has asked me to do a proof of concept on old HP DL380 G6 Quadcore systems having
12GB RAM and 4*72GB SAS Drives.

My question is it  possible to make a 2 node hadoop cluster with this hardware?

I have read that minimum HDD should be 1TB .