From Aleks Laz <al-userhad...@none.at>
Subject Re: to all this unsubscribe sender
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 15:22:52 GMT

+1

Am 05-12-2014 16:12, schrieb mark charts:

> I concur. Good idea.
>
> On Friday, December 5, 2014 10:10 AM, Amjad Syed <amjadcsu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My take on this is simple. The owner/maintainer / administrator of the list can implement
a filter where if the subject of the email has word "unsubscribe" . That email gets blocked
and sender gets automated reply stating that if you want to unsubscribe use the unsubscribe
list.

> On 5 Dec 2014 18:05, "Niels Basjes" <Niels@basjes.nl> wrote:
>
> Yes, I agree. We should accept people as they are.
> So perhaps we should increase the hurdle to subscribe in the first place?
> Something like adding a question like "What do you do if you want to unsubscribe from
a mailing list?"

> That way the people who are lazy or need hand holding are simply unable to subscribe,
thus avoiding these people who send these "unsubscribe me" messages from ever entering the
list.

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM, mark charts <mcharts@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Trained as an electrical engineer I learned again and again from my instructors: man
is inherently lazy. Maybe that's the case. Also, some people have complicated lives and need
hand holding. It is best to accept people as they are.

> On Friday, December 5, 2014 8:40 AM, Chana <chana.oleary@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, it's "capisce".
>
> And, obviously, we are all here because we are learning. But, now that instructions have
been posted again - I would expect that people would not expect to have their hands held to
do something so simple as "unsubscribe". They are supposedly technologists. I would think
they would be able to do whatever research is necessary to
> unsubscribe without flooding the list with requests. It's a fairly common operation for
anyone who has been on the web for a while.

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM, mark charts <mcharts@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Not rude at all. We were not born with any knowledge. We learn as we go. We learn by
asking. Capiche?

> Mark Charts
>
> On Friday, December 5, 2014 8:13 AM, Chana <chana.oleary@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> THANK YOU for posting this!!!! Very rude indeed to not learn FOR ONESELF - as opposed
to expecting to be "spoon fed" information like a small child.

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Aleks Laz <al-userhadoop@none.at> wrote:
> Dear wished unsubscriber
>
> Is it really that hard to start brain vX.X?
>
> You or anyone which have used your email account, have subscribed to this list, as described
here.

> http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html [1]
>
> You or this Person must unsubscribe at the same way as the subscription was, as described
here.

> http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html [1]
>
> In the case that YOU don't know how a mailinglist works, please take a look here.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list [2]
>
> Even the month is young there are a lot of
>
> unsubscribe
>
> in the archive.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-user/201412.mbox/thread [3]
>
> I'm new to this list but from my point of view it is very disrespectful to the list members
and developers that YOU don't invest a little bit of time by your self to search how you can
unsubscribe from a list on which YOU have subscribed or anyone which have used your email
account.

> cheers Aleks

Niels Basjes

Links: