From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: adding node(s) to Hadoop cluster
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:08:57 GMT

> I am aware that one can add names to dfs.hosts and run dfsadmin -refreshNodes, but with
Kerberos I have the additional problem that the new hosts' principals have to be added to
hadoop.security.auth_to_local (I do not have the luxury of an easy albeit secure pattern for
host names). Alas, I see no way of propagating changes there to running demons.

This is how almost all clusters running security add nodes - add to dfs.hosts or yarn-host-file
configuration and do a refresh.

You don't need patterns for host-names, did you see the support for _HOST in the principle
names? You can specify the datanode principle to be say datanodeUser@_HOST@realm, and Hadoop
libraries interpret and replace _HOST on each machine with the real host-name.

HTH
+Vinod
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE