From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compilation failing for AuthenticatedURL (no suitable constructor found) Hadoop 2.6.0
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 04:39:24 GMT
I performed the same command on branch-2 and didn't see any compilation
error.

hadoop 2.6.0 has been published in maven repo. You should be able to
utilize that - if you don't make modification to hadoop source.

Cheers

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Venkat Ramakrishnan <
venkat.architect@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ted, but the issue seem to be specifically
> with AuthenticatedURL, as mentioned in the error.
> I am not able to locate the latest documentation for
> AuthenticatedURL, but, it looks like it has two constructors
> one with arguments and one without any.
>
> I am not a developer. I am just trying to build Hadoop 2.6.0,
> on my way to eventually run Pig.  I was expecting that Hadoop
> will build clean without any errors, but I am stuck now.
>
> Any pointers on how to resolve the below-mentioned error
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat.
>
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I copied your file to the path (corresponding to clone of trunk branch)
>> shown in your email and issued 'mvn package -DskipTests'
>> After which I was able to find the class file:
>>
>> $ find hadoop-common-project/hadoop-auth-examples/target/ -name
>> WhoClient.class
>>
>> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-auth-examples/target//classes/org/apache/hadoop/security/authentication/examples/WhoClient.class
>>
>> FYI
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Venkat Ramakrishnan <
>> venkat.architect@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> The following error is encountered while compiling hadoop-auth-examples
>>> with WhoClient.java file. What should be done?
>>>
>>> Source file attached.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Venkat.
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
>>> (default-compile) on project hadoop-auth-examples: Compilation failure
>>> [ERROR]
>>> D:\h\hadoop-2.6.0-src\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-auth-examples\src\main\java\org\apache\hadoop\security\authentication\examples\WhoClient.java:[36,31]
>>> error: no suitable constructor found for AuthenticatedURL(no arguments)
>>> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
>>> execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
>>> (default-compile) on project hadoop-auth-examples: Compilation failure
>>> D:\h\hadoop-2.6.0-src\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-auth-examples\src\main\java\org\apache\hadoop\security\authentication\examples\WhoClient.java:[36,31]
>>> error: no suitable constructor found for AuthenticatedURL(no arguments)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:120)
>>> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:347)
>>> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:154)
>>> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:582)
>>> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:214)
>>> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:158)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>> at
>>> at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
>>> at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
>>> at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
>>> at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException:
>>> Compilation failure
>>> D:\h\hadoop-2.6.0-src\hadoop-common-project\hadoop-auth-examples\src\main\java\org\apache\hadoop\security\authentication\examples\WhoClient.java:[36,31]
>>> error: no suitable constructor found for AuthenticatedURL(no arguments)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:729)
>>> at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:132)
>>> at
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException