From Susheel Kumar Gadalay <skgada...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about shuffle/merge/sort phrase
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 04:41:29 GMT
It is the mapper which will push the o/p to the respective reducer as
soon as it completes.

The no of reducers are known at the beginning itself.
The mapper as it process the input split, generate the o/p of for each
reducer (if the mapper o/p key is eligible for the reducer).
The reducer will wait till the completion of all map tasks to start it
processing.