From Rainer Toebbicke <...@pclella.cern.ch>
Subject adding node(s) to Hadoop cluster
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:03:08 GMT
Hello,

how would you guys go about adding additional nodes to a Hadoop cluster running with Kerberos,
preferably without restarting the namenode/resourcemanager/hbase-master etc?

I am aware that one can add names to dfs.hosts and run dfsadmin -refreshNodes, but with Kerberos
I have the additional problem that the new hosts' principals have to be added to hadoop.security.auth_to_local
(I do not have the luxury of an easy albeit secure pattern for host names). Alas, I see no
way of propagating changes there to running demons.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rainer