From Andras POTOCZKY <and...@bsdaemon.hu>
Subject Re: Name Node HA ERROR
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:37:48 GMT
Hi

It seems both namenodes was active for a period or the standby node
process was stopped for long time.
Tip: on the standby node try to backup the fsimage and bootstrap that
node again. Be careful because if you do a namenode format again you
will lost your datas on the hdfs.

"If you have already formatted the NameNode, or are converting a
non-HA-enabled cluster to be HA-enabled, you should now copy over the
contents of your NameNode metadata directories to the other, unformatted
NameNode by running the command "/hdfs namenode -bootstrapStandby/" on
the unformatted NameNode. Running this command will also ensure that the
JournalNodes (as configured by *dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir*) contain
sufficient edits transactions to be able to start both NameNodes."

Anyway here is a link about other namenode recovery possibilities:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/05/namenode-recovery-tools-for-the-hadoop-distributed-file-system/

Andras