From scwf <wangf...@huawei.com>
Subject Question about container recovery
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 05:39:31 GMT
Hi, all
   Here is my question: is there a mechanisms that when one container exit abnormally, yarn
will prefer to dispatch the container on other NM?

We have a cluster with 3 NMs(each NM 135g mem) and 1 RM, and we running a job which start
13 container(= 1 AM + 12 executor containers).

Each NM has 4 executor container and the mem configured for each executor container is 30g.
There is a interesting test, when we killed

4 containers in one NM1, only 2 containers restarted on NM1, other 2 containers reserved on
the NM2 and NM3.

   Any idea?

Fei.