From Kai Voigt...@123.org>
Subject Re: Combiner doesn't take effect if there is no reducer phrase
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:13:15 GMT
Your observation is correct, the combine code will not execute if you disable the reduce phase,
i.e. set numbers of reducers to 0.

Actually, the combine code might not be executed with a reduce phase, or it might be executed
more than once on the map output. It’s the framework’s decision, so don’t put anything
into the combine code you expect to run.

Kai

> Am 20.12.2014 um 17:53 schrieb Todd <bit1129@163.com>:
>
> Hi, Hadoopers,
> It looks to me that when I provide the combiner but doesn't provide the reducer,the combiner
doesn't take effect or combiner doesn't get run at all.
> I don't understand here because the combiner is running on the Mapper node, so could
some one please explain the behavior of Combiner?Thanks.

Kai Voigt			Am Germaniahafen 1			k@123.org
					24143 Kiel					+49 160 96683050
					Germany						@KaiVoigt