From Hamza Zafar <11bscshza...@seecs.edu.pk>
Subject Resource Manager's container allocation behavior !
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 19:15:14 GMT
My Hadoop Cluster has 52GB memory , 56 virtual cores

Scenario: I submit an application to a default queue while there is no
other application running on the cluster. I create a request for 32
containers with same priority, 512MB memory and 1 virtual core . In the
first allocate call I receive 0 containers from RM, in further allocate
calls I start receiving containers. I keep on sending allocate calls until
all the containers have been allocated.

Why the application is not provided with all requested containers in first
allocate call?

I changed the configuration property
"yarn.resourcemanager.nodemanagers.heartbeat-interval-ms" from 1000ms to
100ms .Now at 100ms heatbeat interval the container allocation time has
reduced, but still the AM has to make the same number of allocate calls as
it was done before when the heartbeat interval was 1000ms.