From Rohith Sharma K S <rohithsharm...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Job object toString() is throwing an exception
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:39:20 GMT
Could you give error message or stack trace?

From: Corey Nolet [mailto:cjnolet@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 November 2014 07:54
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Job object toString() is throwing an exception

I was playing around in the Spark shell and newing up an instance of Job that I could use
to configure the inputformat for a job. By default, the Scala shell println's the result of
every command typed. It throws an exception when it printlns the newly created instance of
Job because it looks like it's setting a state upon allocation and it's not happy with the
state that it's in when toString() is called before the job is submitted.

I'm using Hadoop 2.5.1. I don't see any tickets for this for 2.6. Has anyone else ran into
this?