From Charles Robertson <charles.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot start DataNode after adding new volume
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:39:42 GMT
Hi all,

I am running out of space on a data node, so added a new volume to the
host, mounted it and made sure the permissions were set OK. Then I updated
the 'DataNode Directories' property in Ambari to include the new path
(comma separated, i.e. '/hadoop/hdfs/data,/data/hdfs'). Next I restarted
the components with stale configs for that host, but the DataNode wouldn't
come back up, reporting 'connection refused'. When I remove the new data
directory path from the property and restart, it starts fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Charles