From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject question about matching java API with libHDFS
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 21:20:31 GMT
hi, folks,

I am currently using java to access HDFS. for example, I am using this API
" DFSclient.getNamenode().getBlockLocations(...)..." to retrieve file block
information.

Now I need to move the same logic into C/C++. so I am looking at libHDFS,
and this wiki page: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/LibHDFS. And I am also
using the hdfs_test.c for some reference. However, I couldn't find a way to
easily figure out whether above Java API is exposed through libHDFS?

Probably not, since I couldn't find it. Then, it lead to my next question.
Is there an easy way to plug in the libHDFS framework, to include additonal
API?

thanks a lot for your suggestions

Demai