From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject conf.get("dfs.data.dir") return null when hdfs-site.xml doesn't set it explicitly
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 18:47:24 GMT
hi, experts,

I am trying to get the local filesystem directory of data node. My cluster
is using CDH5.x (hadoop 2.3) and the default configuration. So the datanode
is under file:///dfs/dn. I didn't specify the value in hdfs-site.xml.

My code is something like:

conf = new Configuration()

// test both with and without the following two lines
conf.addResource (new
Path("/etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.hdfs/hdfs-site.xml"));
conf.addResource (new Path("/etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.hdfs/core-site.xml"));

// I also tried get("dfs.datanode.data.dir"), which also return NULL
String dnDir = conf.get("dfs.data.dir");  // return NULL

It looks like the get only look at the configuration file instead of
retrieving the info from the live cluster?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Demai