From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to use transfer data using distcp between EC2-classic cluster and VPC cluster
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:24:29 GMT
Hi Jameel,

As Peyman said, best approach is to do distcp from your old cluster to s3
and making MR job reading directly from s3 on new cluster.

but If you still need to do distcp from hdfs to hdfs then update /etc/hosts
or DNS of all the nodes of your old cluster with "publicIp
internalAWSDNSName" of all nodes of new cluster.
for eq:-
/etc/hosts of all nodes of old cluster should have entry of all the nodes
of new cluster in below format.
54.xxx.xxx.xx1   ip-10-xxx-xxx-xx1.ec2.internal
54.xxx.xxx.xx2   ip-10-xxx-xxx-xx2.ec2.internal
54.xxx.xxx.xx3   ip-10-xxx-xxx-xx3.ec2.internal

Regards,
Ankit Singhal