From Anfernee Xu <anfernee...@gmail.com>
Subject In Yarn how to increase the number of concurrent applications for a queue
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 16:37:02 GMT
Hi,

I'rm running my cluster at Hadoop 2.2.0,  and use CapacityScheduler. And
all my jobs are uberized and running among 2 queues, one queue takes
majority of capacity(90%), another take 10%. What I found is for small
queue, only one job is running for a given time, I tried twisting below
properties, but no luck so far, could you guys share some light on this?

 <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent</name>
    <value>1.0</value>
    <description>
      Maximum percent of resources in the cluster which can be used to run
      application masters i.e. controls number of concurrent running
      applications.
    </description>
  </property>

 <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.queues</name>
    <value>default,small</value>
    <description>
      The queues at the this level (root is the root queue).
    </description>
  </property>

 <property>

<name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.small.maximum-am-resource-percent</name>
    <value>1.0</value>
  </property>

 <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.small.user-limit</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>

 <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.capacity</name>
    <value>88</value>
    <description>Default queue target capacity.</description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.small.capacity</name>
    <value>12</value>
    <description>Default queue target capacity.</description>
  </property>

 <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.maximum-capacity</name>
    <value>88</value>
    <description>
      The maximum capacity of the default queue.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.small.maximum-capacity</name>
    <value>12</value>
    <description>Maximum queue capacity.</description>
  </property>

Thanks

--
--Anfernee