From YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yi...@sgcib.com>
Subject RE: Error when executing a WordCount Program
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:54:25 GMT
Hi,

In fact,

hdfs://latdevweb02:9000/home/hadoop/hadoop/input
is not a folder on hdfs.

I created a folder /tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/data, where data will be saved in hdfs.

And in my HADOOP_HOME folder, there is two folders “input” and “output”, but I don’t
know how to configure them in the program.

Please could you look into my code and advise please ?

Standing by …

Warm regards

From: Shahab Yunus [mailto:shahab.yunus@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday 10 September 2014 15:19
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error when executing a WordCount Program

hdfs://latdevweb02:9000/home/hadoop/hadoop/input

is this is a valid path on hdfs? Can you access this path outside of the program? For example
using hadoop fs -ls command? Also, was this path and files in it, created by a different user?

The exception seem to say that it does not exist or the running user does not have permission
to read it.

Regards,
Shahab

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM, YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com<mailto:gael.yimen-yimga@sgcib.com>>