From YIMEN YIMGA Gael <gael.yimen-yi...@sgcib.com>
Subject Error and problem when running a hadoop job
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:47:40 GMT
Hello Dear hadoopers,

I hope you are doing well.

I tried to run WordCount.jar file to experience running hadoop jobs. After launching the program
as shown in the screenshot below, I have the message in the screenshot.
The job tries to connect to the datanode. But failed after 10 attempts, I got the error in
the second screenshot.
After that, I first stop all the Hadoop deamons, second format the dfs, third re-launch Hadoop
deamons, and I notice using the JPS command that DATANODE is not running.
I then run the datanode alone with the command bin/hadoop -deamon.sh  start datanode as shown
in the third screenshot, but the datanode is still not up and running.

Could someone advice in this case, please ?

Standing by for your habitual support.

Thank in advance.

GYY

[cid:image001.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]

[cid:image002.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]

[cid:image003.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the
addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.

Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the
message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Please visit http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com for important information with respect to derivative
products.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles
de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Veuillez consulter le site http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com afin de recueillir d'importantes
informations sur les produits derives.