From Matt Narrell <matt.narr...@gmail.com>
Subject YARN ResourceManager Hostname in HA configuration
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:39:48 GMT
How do I configure the “yarn.resourcemanager.hostname” property when in an HA configuration?

It seems that this property will configure how the UI knits together the node/application/timeline/etc
UIs into a seamless experience.  The issue I come across is that this property seems to only
accept a single address?  How do I specify the “ha.rm-ids” or similar for this property
in the case that my active resource manager transitions to standby?  If I omit this property,
it defaults to 0.0.0.0 which is also incorrect for the cluster setup.

If there is a failover, how does the resource manager UI handle this without a config update
and restart of the appropriate services?

Matt