From "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.4.1 Compilation, How to specify "HadoopBuildVersion" and "RMBuildVersion"
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 00:17:47 GMT
Hi,

Is there any document that lists all possible -D parameters that are used in Hadoop compilation?
or any ideas about version-info.scm.commit?

Regards
Arthur

On 14 Sep, 2014, at 7:07 pm, Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com <arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply !
>
> I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,
 the strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

> <Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 1.48.51 pm.png>
>

> From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties,
I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?
> version=${pom.version}
> revision=${version-info.scm.commit}
> branch=${version-info.scm.branch}
> user=${user.name}
> date=${version-info.build.time}
> url=${version-info.scm.uri}
> srcChecksum=${version-info.source.md5}
>
> Regards
> Arthur
>

> On 14 Sep, 2014, at 4:17 pm, Liu, Yi A <yi.a.liu@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> Change Hadoop version     : mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yi Liu

modifying pom.xml? or add -Dhadoop.build.version=mybuild?  or specify it by compile command
line?