From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: YARN userapp cache lifetime: can't find core dump
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:09:48 GMT
Shahab,

Thanks, but I think that is just for log aggregation.
I want to retain the entire localized directory structure for a YARN task, including any files
written to that place, after the task has exited.

John

From: Shahab Yunus [mailto:shahab.yunus@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 2:13 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: YARN userapp cache lifetime: can't find core dump

Perhaps the following? I get the application logs from here after job completion. This is
path on hdfs.

yarn.nodemanager.remote-app-log-dir

Regards,
Shahab

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net>>
wrote:
We have a YARN task that is core-dumping, and the JVM error log says:
# Core dump written. Default location: /data2/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/jlilley/appcache/application_1405724043176_2453/container_1405724043176_2453_01_000002/core
or core.14801

However when I look at the node, everything below here is empty
/data2/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/jlilley/appcache

I seem to recall there is a YARN setting to control the time these files are kept around after
application exit, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks,
john