From Shiyuan Xiao <shiyuan.x...@ericsson.com>
Subject CPU utilization keeps increasing when using HDFS
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:19:56 GMT
Hi

We have written a MapReduce application based on Hadoop 2.4 which keeps reading data from
HDFS(Pseudo-distributed mode in one node).
And we found the CPU system time and user time of the application keeps increasing when it
is running. If we changed the application to read data from local disk without changing any
other business logic, the CPU utilization kept stable. So we have conclusion that the CPU
utilization is related to HDFS.
We want to know whether this issue is really related to HDFS and is there any solution to
fix it?

[cid:image001.png@01CFC5EE.E02C6D50]

Thanks a lot!

BR/Shiyuan