From Georgi Ivanov <iva...@vesseltracker.com>
Subject Re: Bzip2 files as an input to MR job
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:21:29 GMT
Hi Niels,
Thanks for the reply.
Changing the avro files is not really an option for me as it will
require a lot of time( i have a lot ).
The Avro files themself are compressed a bit.
But still bzip2 gives 50% compression on one avro file.

So what i want is , to use Bzip2 compressed file as an input to my MR jobs.
Bzip2 is splittable.
Should be possible somehow , but i don't seem to find it atm.