From "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.4.1 Compilation, How to specify "HadoopBuildVersion" and "RMBuildVersion"
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:07:44 GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,  the
strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties,
I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?
version=${pom.version}
revision=${version-info.scm.commit}
branch=${version-info.scm.branch}
user=${user.name}
date=${version-info.build.time}
url=${version-info.scm.uri}
srcChecksum=${version-info.source.md5}

Regards
Arthur

On 14 Sep, 2014, at 4:17 pm, Liu, Yi A <yi.a.liu@intel.com> wrote:

> Change Hadoop version     : mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION
>
> Regards,
> Yi Liu

pom.xml? or add -Dhadoop.build.version=mybuild?  or specify it by compile command line?