From "Liu, Yi A" <yi.a....@intel.com>
Subject RE: From java application : how to access kerberosed hadoop HDFS ?
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 03:13:00 GMT
You should configure "hadoop.security.authentication" to Kerberos in your core-site.xml. Please
refer to
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.5.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SecureMode.html

Regards,
Yi Liu

-----Original Message-----
From: Xiaohua Chen [mailto:xiaohua.chen@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 11:51 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: From java application : how to access kerberosed hadoop HDFS ?

 Hi ,

We recently has added kerberos on our CDH4 cluster, and our java application hit error:
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
Authorization (hadoop.security.authorization) is enabled but authentication (hadoop.security.authentication)
is configured as simple. Please configure another method like kerberos or digest.

The above error is caused by below code:

 mFileSystem = FileSystem.get(uri,new Configuration(), loginUser);

FileStatus[] statusArray = mFileSystem.listStatus(pathName)

I am new to this area and can you shed some light on:  how to configure the authentication
method to Kerberos to avoid the above error ?

Thanks and regards,

Sophia