From "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <prabakaran.1.natara...@nsn.com>
Subject Tez part of YARN?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 06:19:25 GMT
Hi

I read many articles/diagrams as like Tez bundled with Hadoop 2.0 by default.  Snipped from
a article:

"Hadoop 2 has a specialized AM for MapReduce and another more generalized application framework
called Tez that allows generic directed-acyclic-graphs (DAGs) of execution."

My understanding is "Tez is one of the YARN apps - which helps to execute tasks in DAG.  Tez
needs to installed on top on YARN - it is not bundled in Hadoop 2 by default"

Is my understanding correct? Please give detail.

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N