From "S.L" <simpleliving...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop YARM Cluster Setup Questions
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2014 06:56:33 GMT
Hi Folks,

I was not able to find  a clear answer to this , I know that on the master
node we need to have a slaves file listing all the slaves , but do we need
to have the slave nodes have a master file listing the single name node( I
am not using a secondary name node). I only have the slaves file on the
master node.

I was not able to find a clear answer to this ,the reason I ask this is
because when I submit a hadoop job , even though the input is being split
into 2 parts , only one data node is assigned applications , the other two
( I have three) are no tbeing assigned any applications.

Thanks in advance!