From Rob Blah <tmp5...@gmail.com>
Subject Yarn 2.4.1 NoSuchMethodError for DatanodeProtocolProtos, while copying data to HDFS.
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:01:17 GMT
Hi

We are using Yarn 2.4.1 build from svn as follows "package -Pdist -Dtar
-DskipTests". Build is successful and YARN is starting also successful.
However when we are trying to copy data to HDFS (copyFromLocal) we have the
following exception:

Namenode.log
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.DatanodeProtocolProtos$StorageBlockReportProto.getStorage()Lorg/apache/hadoop/hdfs/protocol/proto/DatanodeProtocolProtos$DatanodeStorageProto;
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.DatanodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.blockReport(DatanodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:148)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.DatanodeProtocolProtos$DatanodeProtocolService$2.callBlockingMethod(DatanodeProtocolProtos.java:26300)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:607)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2099)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2095)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1626)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2093)

We are using protocolbuf 2.5.0. Any ideas?

regards
tmp