From "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.4.0 How to change "Configured Capacity"
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 06:59:08 GMT
Hi,

Both ”dfs.name.data.dir” and “dfs.datanode.data.dir” are not set in my cluster. By
the way I have searched around about these two parameters, I cannot find them in Hadoop Default
page.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/hdfs-default.xml

Can you please advise where to set them and how to set them? in hdfs-site.xml  or in core-site.xml
or another configuration file?

Many thanks
Arthur

On 29 Jul, 2014, at 1:27 am, hadoop hive <hadoophive@gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to add each disk inside "dfs.name.data.dir" parameter.
>
> On Jul 28, 2014 5:14 AM, "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Hadoop 2.4.0 with 5 nodes, each node physically has 4T hard disk, when
checking the configured capacity, I found it is about 49.22 GB per node, can anyone advise
how to set bigger “configured capacity” e.g. 2T or more  per node?