From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Datanode not allowed to connect to the Namenode in Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster.
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:33:23 GMT
You should have /etc/hosts properly configured on all your cluster nodes.

On 5 Aug 2014, at 07:28, S.L <simpleliving016@gmail.com> wrote:

> when you say /etc/hosts/ file , you mean only on the master of on both the master and
slaves?

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Satyam Singh <satyam.singh@ericsson.com> wrote:
> You have not given namenode uri in /etc/hosts file , thus it can't resolve it to ipaddress
and your namenode would also be not started.
> Preferable practice is to start your cluster through start-dfs.sh command, it implicitly
starts first namenode and then all its datanodes.

> Also make sure you have given ipaddress in salve file, if not then also make entry for
hostnames in /etc/hosts file

> BR,
> Satyam
>
> On 08/05/2014 12:21 AM, S.L wrote:
>>
>> The contents are
>>
>> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
>> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Ritesh Kumar Singh <riteshoneinamillion@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> check the contents of '/etc/hosts' file
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 3:27 AM, S.L <simpleliving016@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to set up a Apache Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster , I have a master and three slave
nodes , the slave nodes are listed in the $HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop/slaves file and I can telnet
from the slaves to the Master Name node on port 9000, however when I start the datanode on
any of the slaves I get the following exception .

>> 2014-08-03 08:04:27,952 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: Initialization
failed for block pool Block pool BP-1086620743-170.75.152.162-1407064313305 (Datanode Uuid
null) service to server1.dealyaft.com/170.75.152.162:9000
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException):
Datanode denied communication with namenode because hostname cannot be resolved .