From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject MiniMRClientCluster and JAVA_HOME
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:54:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having fun trying to update some mini-cluster test code to Hadoop 2.2.0

One thing I ran into is that it seems as though MiniMRClientCluster depends on there being
a /bin/java command.

Without this being a symlink to my real JAVA_HOME/bin/java I get the dreaded "/bin/bash: /bin/java:
No such file or directory" error 127 when trying to run test jobs using the mini-cluster.

I've verified this is the same when running the TestMiniMRClientCluster tests (from Hadoop
2.2.0 source).

Is there some implicit assumption that this has to be set? If so, that's a problem for build
servers.

If not, then what else needs to be configured in order to avoid this issue?

Thanks,

-- Ken

PS - And why, oh why is "target" hard-coded all over the place in the mini-cluster code as
the directory (from CWD) for logs, data blocks, etc?

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training