From Geoff Thompson <ge...@bearpeak.com>
Subject how to access configuration properties on a remote Hadoop cluster
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 19:42:00 GMT
Hello,

Is there a way to query the Resource Manager for configuration properties from an external
client process other than using the web interface?

Our background: We run a YARN application by running a Client on an external machine that
may access one of many remote Hadoop clusters. The configuration properties on the Client
machine are completely independent of the configuration properties on the remote cluster.

Currently I am getting configuration properties by using HTTP to get <Resource-Manager-WebApp-Address>/conf.
However, if possible, I would prefer some form of Hadoop interface. I have looked through
YarnClient and YarnClientApplication and I have not discovered anything that enables asking
the Resource Manager about properties.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Geoff