From Tomasz Guziałek <tom...@guzialek.info>
Subject Re: The number of simultaneous map tasks is unexpected.
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:09:59 GMT
Hi Adam,

yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb = 2370 MiB,
yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores = 2,
yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class =
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler,
Use CGroups for Resource Management
yarn.nodemanager.linux-container-executor.resources-handler.class
is NOT checked.

Considering that I have 8 cores in my cluster and not 16 as I thought at
the beginning, starting more than 7 map tasks (and AM) is not supposed to
give me performance gains as all the cores have been used already. Am I
right?

True, for hundreds or thousands of nodes a single coordination node might
be a bottleneck. My deployments are not expected to exceed 32 or 64 nodes.

Pozdrawiam / Regards / Med venlig hilsen
Tomasz Guziałek